Blast from the Past

 This week I had the strange feeling of being back in time. 

Maybe it's because I'm back in Minnesota again and things are starting to remind me of all the years I lived here before. 

Maybe it's because my favorite boy band from when I was a teenager, Big Time Rush, announced they are reunited and recording new music. 

Maybe it's because after my call with Jeremy I had fluttery crush feelings for the first time in years.

After our phone call, I immediately texted one of my friends in all caps. She called me about thirty minutes later to find out why I was so excited. I giggled to her like a high school girl with her first date to a school dance. Previously I have complained to her about how poorly conversations with men have gone or how I was considering no longer dating men at all because they never seemed that interesting or worth keeping around. It was a surprise to feel the opposite for once.

I don't know if this fluttery crush feeling will last long. In fact, I expect it will fade within the next few weeks (or potentially after I meet Jeremy for coffee tomorrow). However, it is nice to know I can still have those butterfly feelings just as strongly at 27 as I did at 17.

                                                                                                                                            Photo by Suzy Hazelwood from Pexels


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Languages

Attachment Styles and Some Personal Growth

How do You Know when You're Ready for a Lasting Relationship?